New Costco Shopping Updates: Senior Hours, In-store Shopper Limits, Product Limits & Return Restrictions!
Location: Langley, BC Costco Warehouse
UPDATE: 2020-03-31: Please visit the folliwing page for the newest information! https://cocowest.ca/2020/03/costco-additional-senior-days-and-coronavirus-update/
I hope everyone is doing well despite the circumstances. A quick reminder that if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you should be self-isolating for 14 days. Each province has their own Health recommendations based on the provinces individual risk assessment and I would recommend that you follow the recommendations for your specific province. Information can be found at the following websites.
If you are out in public, please practice social distancing which means:
- Limit activities outside your home
- Use virtual options to connect with others
- If you are out in public, try to keep 2 metres between yourself and others.
- Keep your hands at your side when possible
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cough into your elbow or sleeve
- Avoid social activities in large gatherings.
If you have been shopping at Costco any time in the last couple of weeks, you will know that it has been an extremely uncomfortable experience. So when I walked into my Costco today, I was pleasantly surprised how organized, clean, and calm it was inside the store! Costco is also created a Senior Shopping hour (between 8:00AM – 9:00AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays)! So make sure to spread the word!
I arrived at the Langley Costco at 8:22AM. As I walked towards the front door, I noticed that Costco was just opening the door and starting to let people in (about 40 minutes earlier than the posted opening time). There were a couple of security guards at the front of the line who were directing people to the line for grocery shopping or the line for prescriptions. Costco had blocked off all of the parking spaces against the side of the building and had created a line that spanned the length of the building. It had ropes and pylons that snaked back a forth 4 times along the side of the building.
When I entered the line, the line had snaked back 3 times. There were a couple of signs in the line to let people know to stay away from other shoppers in line and everyone seemed to be responsibly keeping a safe distance away. Once you arrive in the store, there is someone inside the store passing out Disinfectant wipes for your buggy. My recommendation is to bring your own so you can wipe your cart down before you bring it into the line.
There was a sign at the front of the building letting people know what items were out of stock, and what items had purchase limits. Due to the fact that they were limiting the number of people inside the store, there was no line for paper products once you are inside the store.
The Wireless Phone Kiosk, Photo Printing, Hearing Aid, Optical areas were all closed. I saw an optician helping out at the checkout so it looks like they are shuffling their employees around to keep them employed. There are no more food samples in store – these employees have also been given the option to help out at the stores as well.
One of the employees told me that they were only letting 400-450 people inside the store at one time. Keep in mind that Langley Costco is BIG. There was lots of room to shop and move your cart around. It felt more like shopping on a regualr weekday afternoon (much better than the last couple of weeks. There was only 2 people in front of me in the checkout line. Every second checkout line was closed to promote social distancing. An extra employee has been assigned to the checkout. In addition to the regular cashier and the employee to help load your buggy, there is now another employee to unload your cart for you!
If you need to wipe down your card, there are a couple containers sanitizing wipes in the meat section available for customers (for in-store use)
The food court is now limited to Hot Dogs, Whole Pizzas and Ice Cream only. All the tables and chairs have been removed from the store – so no lingering.
Returns will no longer be accepted for Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Sanitizing Wipes, Water, Rice and Lysol. I’m sure this will make a lot of people happy!
Stay safe and remember to wash your hands with soap and water often!
DON’T MISS OUT ON THESE POSTS
- Premium Early Access Memberships Now Available !!
- SPONSORED: Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water Review & Double Contest!
- My (Huge) Christmas Wish List from Bellingham Costco
- Step-by-Step: The Cheapest, Canadian Disney+ Subscription with Discounted iTunes Gift Cards
- Get $20 OFF your next Costco.ca purchase (min $100)
- Gift of Membership Deal – *For New and Existing Members* Oct 28, 2019 to Jan 31, 2020
- Kraft Chocolate Peanut Butter Powder Review
- Nuts for Nature Nut Seed Butter Review
- Nature’s Path Organic Pumpkin Seed Flax Granola Review
- naturSource Salad Topper Lite Review
- Costco Winter Aisle 2020 Superpost! Bakery & Bulk Bakery Items (Feb 19, 2020)
- Costco Winter Aisle 2020 Superpost! Spring Clothing (Feb 12, 2020)
- Costco Winter Aisle 2020 Superpost! Furniture, Home & Garden (Feb 5, 2020)
- Costco Winter Aisle 2020 Superpost! The Costco Whole Freezer and Refrigerated Section!
- Costco Winter Aisle 2019 Superpost! Last Minute Gifts -Books, DVDs & Gift Certificates (Dec 18, 2019)
- Costco Winter Aisle 2019 Superpost! Clothing, Footwear & Undergarments (Dec 11, 2019)
- Costco Fall Aisle 2019 Superpost! Apple Computers (NEW) TVs, Electronics, Speakers Section (Nov 21, 2019)
- Costco Fall Vitamins, Supplements and OTC Medicine 2019 Superpost! (Oct 17, 2019)
- Costco Thanksgiving Dinner Superpost! Fruit, Vegetables, Baking & Nuts (Oct 6, 2019)
- Costco Fall Clothing 2019 Superpost! Clothing, Jackets & Shoes (Sep 26, 2019)
- Costco Fall Aisle 2019 Superpost! Bedding & Bath Linens (Sep 19, 2019)
- Costco Fall Aisle 2019 Superpost! Personal Care, Kitchen, Household & Appliances (Sep 12, 2019)
- RECALL NOTICE: Romaine Lettuce
- RECALL NOTICE: Bendable Snowman Trio